Seven Steps to Prevent Abandonment Raging
- Learn everything you can about with whom, when, how and why you turn your fear of rejection and
abandonment into rage.
- Commit to quit raging no matter how empty, lonely, hurt or unsafe you feel.
- Make your main goal to exchange the sense of distrust that fuels abandonment rages with a
willingness to trust.
- Focus upon people whom you have been able to trust in the past to gain more ability to trust in the
- Replace jealous, suspicious, and distrusting words and actions with trusting ones.
- Learn how to accept reassurance when you need reminders that you are loved and wanted.
- Challenge yourself to let go of especially painful feelings of neglect, abandonment, rejection or
betrayal from the past.