Rewriting The Limiting Belief
Now let’s rewrite the limiting belief with a set of empowering beliefs.
- “I don’t give myself the love, compassion, and understanding I give to others.”
- “I’m human and it’s okay to make mistakes.”
- “I deserve the same grace, compassion, and understanding that I give to others.”
- “I am patient and loving toward myself.”
- “I treat myself the same way that I treat others.”
It’s really important to rewrite this limiting belief. If you don’t, you’ll always be unhappy, miserable, and feel like you’re never doing enough.
Please understand that, just like everyone else, you are human. You make mistakes, and that’s okay. You have off days, and that’s not a problem. There are times when you’re not as productive or don’t get as much done, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
In other words, you’re not perfect (and you’re not supposed to be).
Your new belief is that you deserve the same grace, compassion, love, and patience that you extend to others.
You are patient with others. Be patient with yourself. You are loving toward others. Be loving toward yourself. You have compassion and mercy for others, so have compassion and mercy for yourself.
Simply put, avoid being so hard on yourself! You’re human, and humans aren’t perfect. You deserve kind treatment from yourself.