Rewriting The Limiting Belief
Now let’s rewrite this limiting belief into a set of empowering beliefs.
- “I’m not responsible for where I am in life.”
- “I am 100% responsible for my life.”
- “I take ownership of all my circumstances.”
- “I refuse to play the victim game.”
- “I can create whatever circumstances I want.”
- “I am in complete charge of my life and determine what it looks like.”
If you’re going to make forward progress in life, it’s absolutely essential that you take 100% responsibility for the circumstances in which you find yourself. Yes, other people play a role in your life, but ultimately, you are responsible for what you accept and what you refuse.
If you find yourself in a particular set of circumstances, it’s because you’ve accepted them. You’ve decided that you were okay with those circumstances and haven’t made any significant efforts to change them.
Your new belief is: “I am 100% responsible for every area of my life.”
This is actually an incredibly freeing belief. Once you realize that you created your current circumstances, you can then go about changing them.
You can take the actions necessary to change your life in incredible, amazing ways. You don’t have to stay stuck. You don’t have to play the victim. You are in charge of your life, and you can shape your life to be however you want it to be.