Lesson 1 of 0
Suggested Ground Rules for Conflict Resolution
- One person speaks at a time.
- Mutually agree to listen to one another, to try to understand the other person’s perspective on the situation before responding.
- Agree to maintain confidentiality unless there is a clear understanding regarding who else needs to know further information.’
- Agree to communicate openly, respectfully and directly with each other.
- Agree not to personally attack each other’s character.
What’s the overall message you’re getting about how to solve a conflict with someone? (See Printout)
Practice the Basic 10 Step Conflict Resolution Method this week. Try using the method with a lower level conflict issue and with someone you think will be relatively safe and reasonable.