Lesson 1 of 0
6 Major Coping Skills
When feeling angry a few basic anger management coping skills can help. The following are the six major coping skills for more effective anger management:
- Realize and accept that you are angry.
- Breathe deeply several times and do not react immediately.
- Visualize a calming scene, or remember a coping statement (see Module 6 for coping statements).
- Think about what may happen if you lose control of your anger.
- Ask yourself the Big Question: “What do I need right now to be OK, and to be healthy in the long term?”
- Do something positive with your angry energy.
Add two more coping skills that you are finding to be helpful (See Printout)