During the 3-5 years of a child, there are many important things that happen tohim/her.
There are many things that a parent can do (even if divorced) to help develop a child into the best version of themselves. Here are the best practices that a parent can do:
- Read (bedtime) stories,
- Let a child help with SIMPLE household chores,
- Encourage the child to play with other children,
- Be clear and consistent in giving disciplinary action,
- Giving alternative action in exchange for every “NO”,
- Speak using grown-up worlds in complete sentences when addressing the child,
- Help in problem-solving action whenever the child is upset,
- Give a limited number of simple choices.
Be a responsible parent to develop a responsible child. Things will be ok when one is accountable for his/her action when dealing with a child- always remember, “ In the eyes of a child, everything he/she sees (that a parent does) is the right thing.”
Watch Danica Joan Dockery, M.Ed. live on July 18, 2021, together with Dawn McCarty, Alan Pask, and Jayne Hayne at 2 PM. Just click the link https://hope4families.net/events/raising-children-independent-of-divorce-how-do-we-teach-children-to-be-independent-and-still-love-themselves-and-their-other-parent/